If God cares for the sparrows, how much more does He care for you?


If God takes care of the sparrows, (Luke 1:26, Matt. 10:29-31) How much more does HE care for YOU?


Last Monday, Sept. 11 (9-11-23), I ordered a simple salad for lunch and the amount came to nine dollars and eleven cents. $9.11

Interesting. 

Later that day, after a walk in the park and left my cell phone on a bench and didn't realize it until I drove back home, an hour away. 

The next day, I drove back the hour to search for my phone; I thought it was left at a store I had visited the day before. 

To my shock and dismay, my phone wasn't at the store. I checked the park. Why would I have brought my cell phone to the park? 

Well, I DID walk around the park the day before, with my mother. 

Well, lo and behold, there it was, on the bench.

It wasn't stolen, wasn't water damaged. IT HAD POURED RAIN JUST THE NIGHT BEFORE! 

I prayed right then and there thank you, LORD. (In case you are wondering, yes, the phone still worked, just a drop or two of water that had to dry out.)

And the Divine care continued...

Last Friday, my husband and I traveled to the cape despite tropical storm warnings, even along the roadside as we drove. 

The wind was picking up too, and when we finally did reach our destination, we were nervous about the trees falling into our car, and the hill we parked on. 

But God. 

Overnight, while we slept God calmed the wind. He silenced the rain and allowed us a clear and full day to drive safely and explore the Cape. 

As we did, we did find a lot of branches down strewing across the roads.) 

The next day was even sunnier, and we had a really nice vacation time even to our time drive home. 

We feel blessed by God.

You can relate, can't you? You've had moments where God is there in the details and in the big stuff, like calming the weather. 
That's just it. A believer gets to boast about God's providence and care with many stories like mine. 

We are blessed. He cares. 

And it is never anything we've done or do or will do; it's all because He cares for us, as much (or possibly more than) the sparrow! 

(We even took an extra trip to a local grocer to get our necessities, pending that we were trapped in our cottage the next day.)

And so, I am reminded of that beautiful scripture verse:

 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 

-Matt. 6:26 


God is in the big picture; he holds the big picture! But He is also in the details. Can you think back on the many times God has provided and cared for you? And, as you do, Thank Him for being loving and faithful God. He cares like no other.

 Like this blog post? Consider signing up for future blog posts in your inbox, right here. Thanks! See you soon. 


Photo: Cedric VT on Unsplash

Comments