Jesus CALLING

 


"Yes, (your name here), I am calling YOU into ministry!

Leadership is NOT for the faint of heart; in fact, I already know you don't think you'll be cut out for this. You think you'll trip up and stumble, make mistakes and face fear, and I can promise you that you will, but I'll always be right here. When you trip, I'll soften your fall. When you fall, I'll catch you. If you fear, I'll strengthen you. But don't fear--I CREATED you for change.

You're NOT the potter, and the messier a lump of clay you think you are, the better material I have to work with. Oh, and prepare for PLENTY of sleepless nights when I will wake you so we can talk. All will be quiet in your house, so I know you will focus in and listen to me. Ok? Sound good?"

Human: "Uh.... (No, not really.)"

God (w/face palm) : "You DO know serving me means killing of the self daily, don't you?"
"Yes."
"And you DO know that you're supposed to take up your cross to follow me?"
"Mmhmm."
"And, you DID COMMIT to place my commands before your wants, right?
"Yes, Lord."
"Good. So, I've called you into ministry. And it is not about WHICH ministry, but about HOW I've planned it out so that you, MY CHILD, will grow and prosper within the challenges of the ministry I've called you into--- for MY glorious purpose, and for MY glory alone. So...are you in?"
Sigh. Tears. Retreat. More tears. Heels dug in the ground, sometimes. 😉
An intense, growing, nagging desire to serve.

Then, eventually ... "Yes, Lord. HERE I AM; send me."
GOD: "You've chosen wisely. I LOVE YOU."

- the story of everyone who goes into ministry.

Like this blog post? Consider signing up for future blog posts in your inbox, right here. Thanks! See you soon. 





Photo by Jackson David on Unsplash

Comments